Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Younger brother underfoot

Well, it's not quite 9 AM and my youngest brother is already on my nerves.

(For background, my 19-year-old brother lives with me. I have two other younger brothers, but they don't live here. Thank God.)

He has the sniffles, so he's decided to call in to work. Which means he'll be home all day, and therefore in my way. He's not really very ill at all, but he doesn't seem to be able to distinguish "a little sick, but okay to go to work" and "bleeding out the eyes."

We had agreed to swap rooms so that I could have the basement for my office, and he could take the upstairs bedroom that I have my office in. I had planned to move my stuff downstairs today, or a least enough to write downstairs all afternoon. Now, he'll be laying around like a sloth in the basement all day, which pushes my moving plans back to this weekend, since I have much to do on Wednesday, and I have to finish up at my soon-to-be former employer on Thursday and Friday.

Anyone want a 19-year-old houseguest?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?