Saturday, April 23, 2005

On dating

Yeah. So I'm trying to start dating again. This, everyone tells me, is good. Too young to give up, etc.

Frankly, I'm not looking forward to it. I hate dating. I like being in (good) relationships, but I hate the whole "getting to know you" chit-chat, where you're on your best behavior, they're on their best behavior and everyone's trying to be liked or decide if they like you or whatever. The point is that my dating skills are rather meager, and I'm tired of the whole meaningless ritual. Who needs it? (Apparently, I do.)

I'd like it to be simple. Like some romantic comedy where boy meets girl and it's blatantly obvious that they're meant to be together and they're immediately in love and yadda yadda yadda, and skip the whole middle part of the movie where something stupid has to happen to cause a misunderstanding that drives the plot until the third act where they realize there's been a huge misunderstanding and they get back together.

It won't be easy, I'm sure, if it ever happens at all. Nothing really good is easy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?